The large slats on the shutter panel are called louvers. Tilt them up or down to direct light. Keep them closed for privacy and maximum energy efficiency. The shutter panel can also swing open for an unfettered window.
Custom-Made Plantation Shutters For Every Window
Common Shutter Questions
The Polywood Shutter Company has a few different types of interior shutters to choose from. Polywood® shutters are made from faux wood and bring both durability and energy efficiency to the window. Ovation® shutters are made from hardwood and give off a more elegant look. And reclaimed wood shutters have a unique, sustainable style.
Polywood plantation shutters are one of the only shutters that are 100% constructed and put together in the U.S.
The Benefits Of Interior Shutters
- Plantation shutters have been known as the window treatment that best balances light, privacy, and temperature. They can be custom-crafted to the exact window dimension to fit perfectly without any gaping or loose-hanging fabric or cords.
- Their louvers can direct light to avoid sun glare, while still letting in a view of the outside.
- Interior shutters come in a variety of louver sizes. Large louvers mean fewer louvers covering the window and a nice, clean finish. Smaller louvers have a more traditional style. The connected tilt rod makes any size louver have easy control of temperature and light.
- Plantation shutters become an enduring window treatment. They can be custom-crafted to fit any window.
- Installed interior shutters on specialty-shaped windows, like arches and circles, can cover the whole window to the exact dimension. Interior shutters also work well for glass and sliding doors.